In an effort to promote community safety, we ask that residents turn on their porch and/or carriage lights in the evenings. Studies show that leaving your porch light on at night costs less than $1 a month (using LED bulbs). This is a small price to pay to increase the safety of the community!
Some benefits of keeping on your outside lights include:
- Creates a welcoming appearance to your home.
- Increases the perception of safety to residents and visitors.
- Reduces the opportunity for criminal activity.
- Visible house numbers are important for visitors, delivery drivers, and emergency personnel.
- Enhances the appearance of your neighborhood at night by adding ambient lighting.